Runway 2 Life
April 15th, 2022
We thank each of you for your enthusiasm, passion, and commitment to the mission of Runway 2 Life and we look forward to seeing all of you at our spring event where we truly will #risetogether. Ticketing options will be announced soon.
Alicia Amsler • Director – Runway 2 Life
If you or someone you know is struggling, you are not alone.
Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
There are many supports, services and treatment options that may help. A change in behavior or mood may be the early warning signs of a mental health condition and should never be ignored. There are many different types of mental illness, and it isn’t easy to simplify the range of challenges people face.
Here are some things to consider when reaching out:
• If it’s an emergency in which you or someone you know is suicidal, you should immediately call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, call 911 or go to a hospital emergency room.
• If you can wait a few days, make an appointment with your primary healthcare provider or pediatrician if you think your condition is mild to moderate.
• If your symptoms are moderate to severe, make an appointment with a specialized doctor such as a psychiatrist. You may need to contact your community mental health center or primary health care provider for a referral.
• If you or your child is in school or at college, contact the school and ask about their support services.
• Seek out support groups in your community and educate yourself about your symptoms and diagnosis. Social support and knowledge can be valuable tools for coping.
Non-profits often deal with large challenges that are, sometimes, seemingly impossible. Because of you, together as a community, we have made a real difference in the lives of the people we serve. I can’t wait to meet you at this year’s Runway 2 Life event. Thank you for being a part of our mission.
Our 2019 Sponsors
Thank You To Our Partners, Sponsors, Contributors, Salons, and Designers.
Thank You To All Participating Salons
Can’t Make It To The Event?
That’s Okay. It Doesn’t Mean You Can’t Make An Impact
We’re Trying to Make a Difference by Breaking the Stigma.
Runway 2 Life & the National Alliance on Mental Illness have partnered to host live workshops in the central Virginia community that equip local stylists with interpersonal skills and resources that could prove helpful during sensitive conversations with whoever’s in their chair.
Stylists have a unique opportunity with their clients… It’s an opportunity that builds friendship over the course of several hours of cutting, blow-drying, & styling. That time together often ultimately leads to intimate conversation – our personal highs and lows.
Although our workshops started with stylists, our trainings have expanded to include other members of the community who want to lend a helping hand in our fight to change the way we view others and ourselves during periods of depression or crisis.
90% of Suicides Involve an Underlying Mental Illness that is Treatable.
We believe easier access to resources and education at the community level is the first step. We welcome and encourage you to get involved: